You are not alone if you think you are having a bigger forehead because many people are also experiencing the same thing. You should not worry about it because this happens due to hair loss problems and the hair transplant is an effective solution for the hair loss problem.
There are numerous things which you can do to make your big forehead look smaller that are mentioned below:
- The person can contour the hairline.
- The person can use hair shadows by making an illusion of a small forehead.
- You can also apply coloured dry shampoos and so on.
With the help of these beauty tips, you can satisfy yourself with a temporary solution. But if you are the person who is looking for the permanent solution then continue reading this article. We are going to discuss how hair transplantation will help you in looking your huge forehead into a smaller one.
How hair restoration will make your forehead look smaller?
With the help of follicular unit extraction or follicular unit transplantation, you can make your forehead look smaller. These surgical procedures will be done by giving anaesthesia to the patient. The surgeon will first check whether you are eligible for the surgery or not. This surgery is for both men and women.
The surgeon will perform the surgery keeping the patient’s needs in mind. If the patient wants to bring the hairline forward then the surgeon will take out the hair from the donor site and transplant the hair in the front of the hairline. The surgeon usually takes the hair from the back of the scalp or either different parts of the body. So this means it is true that hair transplant surgery will help you in making your forehead look smaller.
Always remember for forehead reduction or lowering the hairline requires an experienced as well as skilled surgeon to perform the surgery. So you should be very careful while choosing a surgeon for you. The hair restoration surgery needs advanced surgical equipment which a surgeon should be having at his clinic. With the help of punch tools, needles, incisions and much more the surgeon is going to perform the surgery.
Experience at DR. VJS COSMETIC SURGERY & HAIR TRANSPLANTATION CENTRE
At DR. VJS COSMETIC SURGERY & HAIR TRANSPLANTATION CENTRE, we know that these surgical procedures are not meant for all. So that’s why our surgeon examines the patient before undergoing the hair transplant. Not only the surgeon but the staff members at our place are also skilled as well as experienced in their respective works. So the patient won’t be able to feel any discomfort during the surgeon. We are having well-furnished infrastructure as well as surgical equipment which will help you in getting the desired results.
If your hair is shed excessively and you are experiencing thinning or bald patches on the scalp then need not to worry. Hair transplant is the perfect solution for the hair loss problem. And this is not only for men but also for women as well. There are numerous reasons why a person loses its hair but you will also agree that stress is one of the major factors these days. If you want to know more about it then continue reading this article for knowing how stress affects the hair loss problem.
People are so busy in their life that they are not having time to relax and chill. One of the other problems such as relationship problems, financial crises, and much more will be affecting human life daily causing stress. Do you know taking too much stress will affect your health and you won’t be able to live a healthy and happy life? Because either your hair will turn from black to grey or fall excessively. If you are experiencing any of the problems it will be beneficial for you to consult the best doctor for yourself.
How stress affects hair loss?
A person can be suffering from any type of stress such as physical or mental and have to experience some side effects. But most of the time a person experiences hair loss problems only because it affects the quality of the hair or change in colour and so on. It is found out in many types of research that telogen effluvium and alopecia areata induced due to stress. You must be thinking about the mentioned terms right.
What is Telogen effluvium?
Telogen effluvium is the problem in which a person’s hair will fall out in a few months and also grow back within six to nine months. The person can recover from this disease as it is temporary.
What is Alopecia areata?
Alopecia areata is a type of disease in which white blood cell will attack the hair follicles which leads to shedding the hair within a few weeks. The hair which will fall leaves patches on the scalp of a person. This is very rampart and your shredded hair will not be able to grow on its own. For the alopecia areata, you need an expert for the treatment. The person has to undergo hair transplantation treatment to grow back the hair on the scalp.
But always remember that if you will continue taking stress then it can affect the transplanted hair too. So all you need to do is change your lifestyle and stop taking too much tension. Start doing meditation, yoga, exercises which will help you in relaxing your mind.
In 1939, with the single scalp hair, the first hair transplant took place in Japan. With each passing year, not only hospitals but the surgeon also developed the skills of doing the hair transplantation treatment effectively.
Hair transplant work or not?
Hair transplant works depending upon the situation of the patient. It will not work for the people mentioned below:
- A person experiencing hair loss due to medications or chemotherapy.
- Extensive thinning and baldness is there.
- The person is having thick scalps which involve scars due to injury.
Cost of the hair restoration?
The cost of the hair transplant treatment depends upon various factors mentioned below:
- Experience of the surgeon.
- Which method a person is choosing for the surgery.
- How many hair grafts surgeons are transplanting?
- Facilities provided by the hospital staff members.
- The location of the hospital.
How does the treatment work?
The surgeon will take hair from the back of the head or different parts of the body and transplant it into the area where the patient is facing a hair loss problem. Before starting the surgery the surgeon will give local anaesthesia to the patient which will numb the area. You can also get sedation if you don’t want to stay up during the surgery. There are two procedures which surgeon will advise you depending upon your condition mentioned below:
Follicular unit transplant is also known as follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS). This surgery will be done with the various steps taken by the surgeon mentioned below:
- The surgeon will remove the section of your scalp with the help of a scalpel.
- The surgeon will stitch the area from where the scalp was taken out.
- The surgeon will make a small hole with the help of a blade or needle where he will transplant the hair.
- The surgeon will insert hair into the punctured hole which is known as grafting.
- In the end, the surgeon will cover the head of the patient with a bandage.
Follicular unit extraction is performed by the surgeon through the various steps mentioned below:
- The surgeon will shave the area.
- The surgeon will be taking hair individually from the transplantation.
- The surgeon will create tiny holes in your scalp and insert the hair.
- The surgeon will cover the area with a bandage in the end.
Tips for Post hair surgery mentioned below:
- You should avoid washing your hair in the initial weeks after the surgery.
- You will start doing day to day activities within 3 days.
- Avoid combing your hair.
- Don’t wear hats or helmets.
- Do not go under the sun as it might damage your scalp.
- You are not allowed for a week or so to do heavy workouts.
One of the common questions asked by the patients undergoing hair transplant is, ‘How many hair grafts do I need?’ No doubt, this is the most important of the treatment to get successful and desirable results. In this blog, we are going to discuss the graft requirement in detail.
How many hairs in a hair graft?
Hair does not grow in one single hair grouping, instead, mostly the hair grows in groups of 1, 2, 3, or 4 hairs. These are known as grafts. When you visit the doctor for consultation, he will check the requirement for grafts and tell you how much you need to get the desirable results.
The patients undergo the treatment so that their quality is maintained. Roughly, to transplant the maximum graft in one day is around 4000 to 3000. Your surgeon will let you know which treatment plan will suit you the best. With FUT, you can get around 8000 hair transplanted in one day, and with FUT you can have 4000 hair transplanted in one day.
We are there for you to get the best results, and the hair grafts are transplanted safely. Most importantly, graft survival is an important aspect while giving the patient the treatment.
What factors are important to consider the graft requirement?
The total number of grafts the patient need depend on different factors such as:
- The degree of thinning the patient has
- The hair transplant technique used (FUT or FUE)
- The areas of baldness the patient would like addressed
- The quality of hair in the donor area
- Predicted future hair loss
We make sure to have an in-depth consultation with the patients as this allows us to have a better understanding of the reason for hair loss. The doctor will do different tests and procedures to find the root cause of the problem. This way, it allows the surgeon to prepare the best treatment plan for your condition.
During the consultation, the hairline is made so that it looks natural while transplanting the hair. The doctor will estimate the graft requirement so that the best possible results can be achieved. The detailed consultation allows us to have an accurate estimate of what needs to be done during the treatment.
How many hair grafts are considered for hair transplant?
On average, 2500 to 3000 grafts are considered average. It is not just about the placement of the hair grafts but where the grafts need to be placed. If you are facing hair loss in excess then this treatment is the best option for men and women.
Are you also thinking of doing a hair transplant and thinking how much time the surgery will take to grow back the hairs on your head? Or you have gone through a hair transplant and your hairs are still shedding? Do not worry this article will help you in finding the solution to your problem.
Shedding of hairs after a hair transplant is normal. Don’t worry if you have done hair transplantation and you are facing major hair fall. Hairs take time to grow back. With passing time you will see your hairs growing back. The results are based on popping and maturation.
The new transplant hairs popping through the scalp within 3 months of the surgery. 30% of the growth you will see in your scalp whereas 40% by 4 months and so on. By month 9 you will see the hairs popped up through your scalp.
Darkening, thickening, normalizing the hairs are known as maturation. Between 3 to 5 months of the surgery, the hairs penetrate the scalp and are known as immature, whereas by the 6-month person will see the 40 to 50 % which is known as matured. The person will be satisfied with the results of the surgery. You can cut your hair, your hair in your way. With each passing month, you will be happier seeing the actual result of the hair transplant.
Don’t worry if your hair is growing slowly it differs from person to person. Some hairs will grow at normal speed, some grow faster and some hairs grow slowly. That is why surgeons usually wait for 18 months for the final assessment.
Do you even know why you face hair fall?
- Stressing too much
- Not having a proper diet
- Some diseases like cancer
Patients should follow the instructions of the doctor for better results. Some things they should keep in mind are:
- Do not wash hairs for some time
- Do not comb your hairs
- doing hardcore exercises
- Eat healthy food
You might face some problems which will go with the help of prescribed medicines.
Things you should keep in mind if you are going for the hair transplant surgery are:
- The doctor should be well experienced.
- The cost of the surgery is also dependent upon the experience of the surgeon.
- Don’t forget to check the location, reviews, rating on the internet.
- You don’t have to disturb your daily routine for the hair transplantation.
- There are two types of hair transplantation for the surgery i.e. follicular unit extraction and follicular unit transplantation.
- Some patients remain awake and some take sedative during the surgery. So it depends upon you.
Balding is one of those problems which affect the person’s confidence greatly. If you are that person who wants to look better and younger then you should undergo a hair transplant. This is the best treatment plan which makes it easier for the person to solve the hair loss issue. Different studies have shown that this treatment is the preferred solution for hair loss patients all over the world.
What happens during a hair transplant?
A hair transplant is the best treatment plan. During the surgery, the hair follicles are extracted from the back of the scalp and then transplanted to where hair growth is extremely less. With this treatment, the person’s appearance is improved. With just one session, the hair loss problem is solved once and for all.
Natural and permanent results
Without a doubt, there is no other treatment that is going to work in the same manner as hair transplantation. The hair follicles transplanted on the problematic area are going to grow like your natural hair. This means you will have a youthful look back. Most importantly, your confidence will be increased as you look attractive and the final results will be loved by everyone.
Bald spots and patches are filled perfectly
Any person who has bald patches or facing problems with thin hair can choose this treatment plan. This procedure includes 2 methods:
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)
During FUE, the hair follicles are extracted individually or one by one from the back of the scalp. Once the surgeon has extracted the hair follicles with precision, they will be transplanted back to the problematic area.
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation)
In the FUT method, a strip of hair is extracted from the back of the scalp and then transplanted to where hair growth is extremely less.
No matter which method you choose or the surgeon recommends the results are going to be the best. Both of the methods provide natural and long-lasting results. Your appearance is going to be changed by undergoing the surgery. You will be able to see the initial hair growth within 3 months. To see the desired outcomes you need to wait for 8 to 12 months. Different studies have shown that no matter it is men or women, both of them can get the desired results and look attractive.
Consult the best surgeon
To make sure the surgery is done with precision and there is no problem during the treatment. You need to consult the best surgeon. The skilled and experienced surgeon makes sure the treatment is customized according to the problem you are facing.
Our surgeon will diagnose the reason for hair loss and accordingly suggest the treatment plan.
The patients who are considering undergoing FUE or FUT hair transplant may have heard the term ‘Shock loss’ following the surgery. In this guide, we are going to make you understand this term in detail.
What is shock loss?
Shock loss happens between 2 and 8 weeks following an FUE and FUT hair transplant when the new hair grafts enter the resting phase and the hair shed. This is a normal and natural process and there is nothing to worry about. Your new and healthy hair is going to grow in its place. By taking the necessary steps recommended by the surgeon you can prepare for the entire process in the best way as the new hair start to grow,
What is the reason for shock loss following a hair transplant?
- Both FUE and FUT procedure involves removing the hair grafts from the back of the scalp and transplanting them to the problematic area. This way hair will continue to grow for a lifetime, and your problem of hair loss is solved
- The hair grafts are placed in a precise way by the surgeon so that it gives the patient the natural look they want. The new hair grafts will stay in place, but between 2 to 8 weeks, the follicles enter the resting phase. During this time, the hair will shed.
- It is a natural response to the surgery. The graft will continue to grow after that time like your natural hair. But yes you need to take proper care of your health so that it continues to grow in the recipient area.
Your doctor will suggest some important and relevant tips which you need to follow after the surgery. The skilled and qualified surgeon will always make sure the necessary steps are taken to minimize the risk involved with the surgery.
Is it possible shock hair loss can occur in other parts of the scalp after surgery?
The shock hair loss only occurs because of the trauma of the surgery. This is common and for a temporary phase. The follicles remain healthy & strong and they continue to grow for a lifetime.
The patients can also find that they experienced shock loss in the donor area where the hair has been harvested. However, the skilled surgeon will minimize the risk any such thing happens.
When does the new hair grow after the shock hair loss?
The hair grafts shed between 2 weeks and 2 months following the transplant. You will be in a resting phase in which the scalp looks just like before the surgery. The patient needs to keep patience.
The new hair growth will start around 3 months following the surgery that is a few inches long. Now, this hair growth is permanent, and hair will grow for a lifetime. The new hair growth will be thick, and they match with the original hair perfectly.
Consult our experienced doctor
Our Hair surgeon will also let you know what additional tips you need to follow to take good care of your hair. For more information, book your appointment today only.
Hair transplant is the best treatment for dealing with hair loss once and for all. No doubt, undergoing treatment is an important decision to make. The procedure is painless, risk-free, and low invasive. The major consideration needs to be given to the recovery period so that the results are the best. If you do not know what to expect, then here we are going to mention some of the important tips to keep in mind for recovery:
- Limit the amount of vigorous activity
Although recovery time is minimal when it comes to hair transplantation. But it is important to limit the amount of strenuous activity you do daily. This is extremely important during the first week following the surgery.
The hair grafts take at least 2 weeks to make its place in the scalp. So it is important to limit the strenuous workout regime as it can dislodge the grafts from its position. You need to properly rest during this time and this way the recovery will be smooth.
- Do not wash the hair right away
Make sure that you do not wash the hair right away after the surgery. You need to wash your hair according to the doctor’s instructions. The shampoo and conditioner which you need to use should not contain harmful chemicals. Generally, it is safe to wash the hair one week after the surgery.
It is important to follow the post-operative guidelines suggested by the doctor so that you get to see the results on time.
- Sleep in an upright position
It is important that you sleep with your head elevated and for that use a recliner chair. While doing so make sure that you use 2 or more pillows. This way it is going to minimize swelling as the blood flow to the scalp is proper.
During the first week following the surgery, it is also important for the patient to make certain that they do not keep their head down or bend over.
- Follow the post-operative instructions
During a consultation, you will be given a list of instructions that you need to follow no matter what until the treatment is completed. By following these instructions, it is going to ensure that there is no problem and you will get to see the results on time.
Additionally, take all the necessary medications on time as prescribed by the surgeon. This is helpful because it reduces the swelling and slight discomfort following the surgery.
- Put gentle pressure on the grafts
If you experience bleeding or swelling after washing the hair, you need to apply gentle pressure on the affected area of the scalp by using a clean moist cloth or gauze. You should never dab the area as it can lead to infection or scabbing.
With medical hair restoration, many lives have been changed. New methods and materials are available to provide individuals with the help they need to get the hair growing. You do not have to worry about getting over the counter hair solutions because they won’t give you the desired results you are looking for.
Ideally, the best choice is to get in touch with the professionals and they can help you to solve the issue of hair loss. Your hair will grow the way you always wanted. Hair transplant treatment is a permanent solution to excessive hair loss.
What are your Hair Restoration options?
For men and women, the best way to get the results is by undergoing hair restoration surgery. Without a doubt, the treatment helps in giving permanent results. There is the option of Minoxidil which is also called Rogaine which works so that the hair growth increases.
Additionally, people can also consider the option of hairpieces and extensions. Dealing with hair loss is extremely difficult so it is essential to find a solution that is effective and reliable.
Permanent and effective hair solution
Whether it is about the eyebrow or scalp, many people are looking for surgical treatments for hair loss. During the hair transplant treatment, the surgeon will transplant the hair follicles from one part of the scalp and then transplant them to another part of the scalp which has less hair.
No doubt, this procedure is extremely effective and reliable.
Its effectiveness is more because during the surgery the patient’s hair is taken from the back of the scalp and then transplanted to where hair growth is less.
- The surgery is going to create a natural look and this will reduce the risk of rejection.
- This procedure can be used by identical twins easily.
- The hair transplantation is highly effective because it gives permanent solutions. The hair growth will be normal which means you can style your hair the way you want them to. Moreover, the hair can be washed in the same manner. You can even color them or trim them the way you used them with your natural hair.
Just make sure you give enough time to the scalp to heal properly. This way the hair growth will not be affected in any manner. Follow your surgeon’s guideline so that the healing is on-time and you get to see the final results.
Consult the best surgeon
To make sure you get a suitable treatment plan so that the hair loss issue is addressed, you need to get in touch with the experts.
A hair transplant is one of the best solutions to hair loss for both men and women. In case, you are losing too much hair from your scalp, you need to get an examination to know the reason behind this condition. Only then, you will be able to get the right treatment on time. Otherwise, you will experience complete baldness at your scalp, and then it would be difficult to regrow the hair on a completely bald scalp.
We will address the basic concepts of hair transplants to provide you complete information.
- The follicle is considered a single strand of hair. A follicle community normally found in the skin is referred to as a follicular unit or a graft. Depending on males, this follicular unit may have 1 to 6 follicles. The maximum corruption is 2-3.
- There is a persistent region (which is why people will not totally lose hair due to baldness) and an early miniature region on the scalp (from which hair is prone to baldness). A total of 100000 hair grafts on the scalp of an adult is expected, of which about 75000 are temporary and 25,000 permanent. The typical permanent region on the back of a scalp is around the neck and ears (but under the crown and the humps on the side).
- Androgenetic Alopecia is not a disorder. It is a naturally occurring phenomenon that occurs in different degrees to all people.
- The development of baldness will not interrupt the hair transplant. DHT opioid blocking, Finasteride does. Note also to contact the doctor for detailed information.
- During hair transplantation, no discomfort occurs. This operation is rather quick and the patients are all right only after the treatment is done. No admission is required. They just have to follow instructions that are given by a surgeon for better recovery.
- A hair transplant is a difficult procedure that involves expertise that is consistent for the working team.
- Hair Fall is not the same as baldness. Hair Fall is the source of hair removal after it has evolved to create smaller, standard hair strokes in the regular hair process. However, in baldness, the hair follicles thin out and gradually vanish because of their susceptibility to the effects of dihydrotestosterone(DHT) within the body.
- When performed in the right way, hair transplantation has no side effects at all.
- An individual will wait at least 6-12 months to see the complete effects of the operation. It’s not a satisfying operation overnight. But it’s still worth waiting.
- During the evaluation of criteria and outcomes, some individuals have entirely different head measurements, hair calibers, donor lengths, etc.