Gynecomastia can be described as a condition in which the male breast is overdeveloped or overgrown. In selective cases, the need may be aroused to take up Gynecomastia surgery, but the trained doctors would initially try to address this problem by doing certain modifications in the lifestyle of an individual.
- Can lifestyle modification help in every case of Gynecomastia surgery?
If the intensification of male breasts is contributed by the excessive pounds or depositions of fat cells, then it is known as false gynecomastia. False gynecomastia and pseudo gynecomastia are interchangeable terms. Once in a while, it takes place no matter how hard you have worked out or exercised to get rid of the fat cell deposition but these cells continue to persist.
- What is the implication of true gynecomastia?
True gynecomastia comes into light owing to the following reasons:
- Genetic Age
- Hormonal Shift
- Does gynecomastia affect both breasts?
Gynecomastia can affect either one or both breasts. Gynecomastia doesn’t need to affect both breasts in the same way.
- Is gynecomastia affliction a serious and life-threatening disease?
No, Surely not. Gynecomastia does not come under the category of serious and life-taking diseases. The only disadvantage of getting afflicted with it is the one which can cause considerably bad effects on your self-confidence.
- What is the connotation of gynecomastia?
As already discussed, gynecomastia can be described as overgrown breasts in males. According to medical science, it takes place when testosterone levels are stood against the estrogen level. It can be defined as the imbalance levels.
- What does testosterone supposed to do?
Testosterone aims at controlling attributes and characteristics of males like:
- Muscle mass
- Body hair
- What is estrogen supposed to do?
Estrogen is responsible for controlling female attributes and characteristics incorporating breast growth.
- Is estrogen a feminine hormone?
Yes, estrogen is one of the many feminine hormones. Males do produce some of the estrogen hormones. But when the production of hormones is reached to a significant level then the enlargement of the breast is the primary thing that comes to light.
- What are the various Gynecomastia causing factors?
There are several causing factors of gynecomastia:
- When male children hit puberty then some of the natural changes come into existence
- With alleviating age one can have enlarged breasts.
- Certain prescribed medications that are not healthy for consumption
- Excessive use of alcohol and other related substances
- Overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)
How can gynecomastia be treated and which is the best treatment?
Gynecomastia can be cured not necessarily with surgery but with liposuction as well. This stratagem is considered best for pseudo gynecomastia.
Gynecomastia condition is explained as swelling of the breast tissue which leads to enlargement of breasts in males.
But not everyone is aware of its signs, the symptoms of gynecomastia include
chronic pain, swelling of glandular tissue, tenderness, and nipple discharge. In order to get rid of these conditions, you need to go through gynecomastia surgery in Vizag. But you need to keep some important points in your mind while going to get the gynecomastia surgery.
Do’s and don’ts for gynecomastia surgery day.
- Make sure you do not eat and drink any type of food prior to surgery. It is necessary to avoid food 2 hours before the gynecomastia surgery time.
- There is no such restriction for shower or bathing. You can simply take a bath in the night or morning of surgery day.
- It is essential to leave your valuables and jewelry at home. There is no responsibility for your belongings.
- You do not apply any type of deodorant, lotion, and moisturizer on your body, because these contain chemicals which harm your body.
- Make sure, you should wear only comfortable or loose clothes. In addition, warm socks and comfortable socks are only recommended.
- And do not wear contact lenses. In order to reach the clinic and home, you must keep someone with you so that he can drive a vehicle.
- Do not forget you take the prescribed medications. Make sure you should only take those medicines which are prescribed by your surgeon and do not take any other type of medication. If you feel the need to take that one, they must contact your surgeon first.
After the surgery for better results.
It is necessary to take all the medicines which are prescribed by your surgeon in order to get rid of pain after the surgery. You must avoid any other type of medication during the recovery period.
It is mandatory to take proper rest and sleep after the surgery, additionally, you should avoid physical activities which will harm you most. You should only go for a walk daily only for 10 minutes, but if you do not feel good then avoid walking for some days. But walking is useful for proper blood circulation, which is necessary for fast recovery.
This is rare with local anesthesia, but if you will experience then you must take the Zofran which is prescribed by your surgeon. You should take your painkillers and antibiotics with your diet so that they cannot worsen your condition. If you experience a serious problem, you should stop taking these medicines.
Apply ice packs
You should apply ice packs to your treated area for at least the next two days. But make sure you do not apply ice cubes directly to your skin, must wrap them in cloth and then rub on the area.
Dr. VJs Cosmetic Surgery & Hair Transplantation Centre: Gynecomastia condition is very common in men. According to results, one in four men gets this issue after the age of 50. In this problem, the breast gets enlarged or it gets overdeveloped.
It means the breast tissue can be effectively removed by the treatment of liposuction. No doubt, the results are very effective but there are some tips which can help to get the best results.
4 Tips which can help the patient to prepare for Gynecomastia surgery.
Choosing the right kind of treatment
First of all, you have to check which treatment option will suit you the best. This is because every case is different.
The surgeon will evaluate the condition properly. The problem actually occurs because of having too much breast tissue, excess fat, loose skin around the areolar, both breast tissue, and fat.
Men who are older or have excess weight will have full chest which will make the skin around the areolar loose and it can be treated with an areola reduction. If there is only excess fat then it is pseudogynecomastia which can be treated with liposuction. So, make sure you get the treatment according to the problem you are facing.
Choosing the best surgeon for treatment
Make sure you select the best surgeon so that you are able to get the desired results you want. This will also reduce the amount of risk or doing surgery is the wrong way. You need to select someone who has a lot of experience, understand the cause properly, tell you everything you ask, and board certified. If you are dealing with this condition then you can also visit our doctor for Gynecomastia surgery in Vizag.
- Focusing on the right kind of diet and exercise
The patient also needs to focus on a proper diet and exercise regime. Keep in mind, what issue has resulted in this problem. It means if the condition developed because of supplements, recreational drugs, or prescription medication then you need to stop them before the surgery. If you are overweight then you have to reduce the weight. You should increase the intake of fruits and vegetables, reduce the intake of sugar, do not smoke, drink, and add 30 minutes cardiovascular exercise 3 times a week.
The patient needs to have realistic expectations regarding the recovery process. You need to know what to expect from the results. After the surgery, there will be bruise and chest will be swollen for two weeks. After the surgery, there might be a drain for 48 hours. The patient has to also wear a compression garment which helps in reducing the swelling and to get the effective results.