Are you also thinking of doing a hair transplant and thinking how much time the surgery will take to grow back the hairs on your head? Or you have gone through a hair transplant and your hairs are still shedding? Do not worry this article will help you in finding the solution to your problem.
Shedding of hairs after a hair transplant is normal. Don’t worry if you have done hair transplantation and you are facing major hair fall. Hairs take time to grow back. With passing time you will see your hairs growing back. The results are based on popping and maturation.
The new transplant hairs popping through the scalp within 3 months of the surgery. 30% of the growth you will see in your scalp whereas 40% by 4 months and so on. By month 9 you will see the hairs popped up through your scalp.
Darkening, thickening, normalizing the hairs are known as maturation. Between 3 to 5 months of the surgery, the hairs penetrate the scalp and are known as immature, whereas by the 6-month person will see the 40 to 50 % which is known as matured. The person will be satisfied with the results of the surgery. You can cut your hair, your hair in your way. With each passing month, you will be happier seeing the actual result of the hair transplant.
Don’t worry if your hair is growing slowly it differs from person to person. Some hairs will grow at normal speed, some grow faster and some hairs grow slowly. That is why surgeons usually wait for 18 months for the final assessment.
Do you even know why you face hair fall?
- Stressing too much
- Not having a proper diet
- Some diseases like cancer
Patients should follow the instructions of the doctor for better results. Some things they should keep in mind are:
- Do not wash hairs for some time
- Do not comb your hairs
- doing hardcore exercises
- Eat healthy food
You might face some problems which will go with the help of prescribed medicines.
Things you should keep in mind if you are going for the hair transplant surgery are:
- The doctor should be well experienced.
- The cost of the surgery is also dependent upon the experience of the surgeon.
- Don’t forget to check the location, reviews, rating on the internet.
- You don’t have to disturb your daily routine for the hair transplantation.
- There are two types of hair transplantation for the surgery i.e. follicular unit extraction and follicular unit transplantation.
- Some patients remain awake and some take sedative during the surgery. So it depends upon you.
The patients who are considering undergoing FUE or FUT hair transplant may have heard the term ‘Shock loss’ following the surgery. In this guide, we are going to make you understand this term in detail.
What is shock loss?
Shock loss happens between 2 and 8 weeks following an FUE and FUT hair transplant when the new hair grafts enter the resting phase and the hair shed. This is a normal and natural process and there is nothing to worry about. Your new and healthy hair is going to grow in its place. By taking the necessary steps recommended by the surgeon you can prepare for the entire process in the best way as the new hair start to grow,
What is the reason for shock loss following a hair transplant?
- Both FUE and FUT procedure involves removing the hair grafts from the back of the scalp and transplanting them to the problematic area. This way hair will continue to grow for a lifetime, and your problem of hair loss is solved
- The hair grafts are placed in a precise way by the surgeon so that it gives the patient the natural look they want. The new hair grafts will stay in place, but between 2 to 8 weeks, the follicles enter the resting phase. During this time, the hair will shed.
- It is a natural response to the surgery. The graft will continue to grow after that time like your natural hair. But yes you need to take proper care of your health so that it continues to grow in the recipient area.
Your doctor will suggest some important and relevant tips which you need to follow after the surgery. The skilled and qualified surgeon will always make sure the necessary steps are taken to minimize the risk involved with the surgery.
Is it possible shock hair loss can occur in other parts of the scalp after surgery?
The shock hair loss only occurs because of the trauma of the surgery. This is common and for a temporary phase. The follicles remain healthy & strong and they continue to grow for a lifetime.
The patients can also find that they experienced shock loss in the donor area where the hair has been harvested. However, the skilled surgeon will minimize the risk any such thing happens.
When does the new hair grow after the shock hair loss?
The hair grafts shed between 2 weeks and 2 months following the transplant. You will be in a resting phase in which the scalp looks just like before the surgery. The patient needs to keep patience.
The new hair growth will start around 3 months following the surgery that is a few inches long. Now, this hair growth is permanent, and hair will grow for a lifetime. The new hair growth will be thick, and they match with the original hair perfectly.
Consult our experienced doctor
Our Hair surgeon will also let you know what additional tips you need to follow to take good care of your hair. For more information, book your appointment today only.
Hair transplant is the best treatment for dealing with hair loss once and for all. No doubt, undergoing treatment is an important decision to make. The procedure is painless, risk-free, and low invasive. The major consideration needs to be given to the recovery period so that the results are the best. If you do not know what to expect, then here we are going to mention some of the important tips to keep in mind for recovery:
- Limit the amount of vigorous activity
Although recovery time is minimal when it comes to hair transplantation. But it is important to limit the amount of strenuous activity you do daily. This is extremely important during the first week following the surgery.
The hair grafts take at least 2 weeks to make its place in the scalp. So it is important to limit the strenuous workout regime as it can dislodge the grafts from its position. You need to properly rest during this time and this way the recovery will be smooth.
- Do not wash the hair right away
Make sure that you do not wash the hair right away after the surgery. You need to wash your hair according to the doctor’s instructions. The shampoo and conditioner which you need to use should not contain harmful chemicals. Generally, it is safe to wash the hair one week after the surgery.
It is important to follow the post-operative guidelines suggested by the doctor so that you get to see the results on time.
- Sleep in an upright position
It is important that you sleep with your head elevated and for that use a recliner chair. While doing so make sure that you use 2 or more pillows. This way it is going to minimize swelling as the blood flow to the scalp is proper.
During the first week following the surgery, it is also important for the patient to make certain that they do not keep their head down or bend over.
- Follow the post-operative instructions
During a consultation, you will be given a list of instructions that you need to follow no matter what until the treatment is completed. By following these instructions, it is going to ensure that there is no problem and you will get to see the results on time.
Additionally, take all the necessary medications on time as prescribed by the surgeon. This is helpful because it reduces the swelling and slight discomfort following the surgery.
- Put gentle pressure on the grafts
If you experience bleeding or swelling after washing the hair, you need to apply gentle pressure on the affected area of the scalp by using a clean moist cloth or gauze. You should never dab the area as it can lead to infection or scabbing.
The demand for beard hair transplant is gradually increasing. It is divided into 2 categories.
- One of the most common types is when beard hair grafts are used for the donor area. This is used when a patient has insufficient donor hair on the scalp as they are suffering from a high level of baldness.
- The trend of keeping the beard is increasing a lot as it gives a more manly look. The top cricketer like Virat Kohli is making this trend increased even more and they are an inspiration to many youngsters. In some cases, the beard is not thick because of genetic factors and this might give bald patches on the scalp. For this method, the hair grafts are taken by FUT or FUE and then they are implanted in the beard area to give a thick and natural looking beard.
What is the cost of a beard hair transplant?
Well, the cost of beard hair transplant is more in comparison to a normal hair transplant. Additionally, it depends on the experience of the surgeon that how much they are charging for the hair grafts. Make sure you choose the best and skilled surgeon for the treatment as they will charge reasonable and also give quality results.
If you are looking to get Hair Transplant in Visakhapatnam then you can visit our hospital and consult the surgeon.
How does the procedure of beard hair transplant work?
The most important factors which are helpful is that the grafts of beard hair are thick and they grow with curl. Keep in mind they should not be implanted in the hairline and temporal triangle as here thin hair is needed.
In most cases, the beard hair is mixed with scalp hair to give a natural look. They are best for mid-scalp and crown area. The beard reconstruction gives the best look when scalp hair is used.
What is the best procedure for transplanting the hair?
Actually, in this FUE method is used to harvest the hair. To take the beard graft, very small punches are made. It leaves a tiny hole on the scalp which gets healed on its own. From the scalp, the grafts are taken out by FUT or FUE.
- In FUT, a strip of hair is taken from the scalp and hair follicles are taken from it.
- In FUE, the follicles are taken from the scalp directly.
Although both the techniques are good and whichever method the surgeon chooses the results will be best. Choose only experienced surgeon for getting the treatment.
Who is the best Candidate for a beard transplant?
There is no such thing that a person can get the transplant. If you are physically fit and in good health then you can undergo the surgery. Your doctor will let you know how many grafts you will need.
How to take care after the surgery?
For two days, you need to eat soft food so that grafts do not get misplaced. After 3 weeks the grafts will fall out and after 3 to 4 months permanent hair will grow.