In 1939, with the single scalp hair, the first hair transplant took place in Japan. With each passing year, not only hospitals but the surgeon also developed the skills of doing the hair transplantation treatment effectively.
transplant work or not?
transplant works depending upon the situation of the patient. It will not work
for the people mentioned below:
- A person experiencing hair loss due to medications or chemotherapy.
- Extensive thinning and baldness is there.
- The person is having thick scalps which involve scars due to injury.
of the hair restoration?
cost of the hair transplant treatment depends upon various factors mentioned
- Experience of the surgeon.
- Which method a person is choosing for the surgery.
- How many hair grafts surgeons are transplanting?
- Facilities provided by the hospital staff members.
- The location of the hospital.
does the treatment work?
surgeon will take hair from the back of the head or different parts of the body
and transplant it into the area where the patient is facing a hair loss
problem. Before starting the surgery the surgeon will give local anaesthesia to
the patient which will numb the area. You can also get sedation if you don’t
want to stay up during the surgery. There are two procedures which surgeon will
advise you depending upon your condition mentioned below:
unit transplant is also known as follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS). This
surgery will be done with the various steps taken by the surgeon mentioned
- The surgeon will remove the section of your scalp with the help of a
- The surgeon will stitch the area from where the scalp was taken out.
- The surgeon will make a small hole with the help of a blade or needle where
he will transplant the hair.
- The surgeon will insert hair into the punctured hole which is known as
- In the end, the surgeon will cover the head of the patient with a bandage.
unit extraction is performed by the surgeon through the various steps mentioned
- The surgeon will shave the area.
- The surgeon will be taking hair individually from the transplantation.
- The surgeon will create tiny holes in your scalp and insert the hair.
- The surgeon will cover the area with a bandage in the end.
for Post hair surgery mentioned below:
- You should avoid washing your hair in the initial weeks after the surgery.
- You will start doing day to day activities within 3 days.
- Avoid combing your hair.
- Don’t wear hats or helmets.
- Do not go under the sun as it might damage your scalp.
- You are not allowed for a week or so to do heavy workouts.